Come to Cascades and Make Memories that will Last a Lifetime!
There is something very unique and life-changing about a summer spent serving God through camping ministry. As a member of summer staff you are challenged to grow deeper in your own walk with Christ, you build deep bonds with those you are serving alongside, and form friendships and memories that will last throughout your life.
At Cascades, our desire is to create an environment where summer staff feel encouraged, loved and appreciated. From the first moment you arrive at camp there are plenty of programmed activities, group outings on time-off, and special events to support you as you work for the Lord.
These events include:
- Staff Retreat: An opportunity to bond together as one-body working towards the same goal, Staff Retreat is the perfect blend of a communal worship experience and fun activities programmed to build unity amongst the staff. This is your chance to try out the “High Adrenaline” zip lines, a horseback trail ride, a round of paint ball, the Rubicon Northwest off-road challenge, the infamous Jeep Rides and other special activities.
- Staff Training Evening Activities: During the week of staff training, the evenings are spent as a whole group hearing from permanent staff at chapels, playing ultimate frisbee, laughing at each other during the talent/no talent show, and more!
- Staff Chapel: Towards the end of our training week, staff are given the opportunity to join together in a special chapel just for summer staff to share with one another about where God is moving in their lives.
- Mt. Rainier Camping Trips: During one of the extended breaks, often times a group will head up to Mount Rainier to camp out and hike up the beautiful trails at Paradise or other camp grounds.
- Hike Fossil Rock: Cascades is located in the foothills of Mt. Rainier, which means that we are surrounded by beautiful hills, including Fossil Rock. Whether it is a sunrise, mid-day or sunset hike, Fossil Rock is a definite must while at Cascades for the summer!
- Seattle or Portland Trips: With Cascades sitting halfway between Portland and Seattle, many summer staff use their time off to make trips into one of these great cities to see the sites.
- Seattle Mariners Game: It has become tradition that towards the end of the summer, the Cascades staff head into Seattle and watch a Mariners game. It’s another great opportunity to relax and have a good time as a group. We’ve made it on the jumbotron every year and it ends up being a highlight of the summer for a lot of folks!
- Etc: It is not uncommon for a group of summer staff to take a trip to the ocean, Northwest Trek, grab dinner and a movie in town, or just relax at Cascades together – no matter how staff spend their time off, you’re almost guaranteed to share great laughs, get some much-needed rest, and create memories that you’ll cherish for years to come!
- Year Round: Cascades also hosts a summer staff Christmas party that is quite the hit! With Christmas sweaters, white-elephant gifts, yummy snacks and plenty of merriment – this event is one that people look forward to all year!